Monday, March 23, 2009

Shunt malfunction......

Hamza is still in intensive care....at home its soooo empty without him....and i cant stay with him in the hospital cuz of RSV season and they wont let huda go in with me....i thought he would move to a hospital room and then i can go and stay with him but i dont think thats gonna happen any time soon.....they were giving him the abdural treatment in a nuberloiser continous in the begning and then they started every 2 hourse...not he is on continous again cuz he is still very wezzy......curently he is on oxygen...10 liters per minute which is like 10 times more then he was on.....
i went earlier on today to see hamza and his head looked bulgy to me...i told the nurse before i left....i got a call like an hour ago and they told me that they did a CT scan and it shows that hamza has a shunt malfunction. they called the doctor....he is most probably gonna have a surgery tonight....i'm still waiting for them to call me back when the doctor gets there...this is the second time hamza is having a shunt malfunction...hopefully the last!.....please keep him in your prayers! i just got a call and they said that he was gonna have the surgery tommorw morning....the doctor tapped his shunt and drew out enought fluid to help him for the night....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear it is a shunt malfunction :-( please know I am thinking of you and hope his surgery goes well tomorrow. xx

Josephine said...

Oh no, I'm sorry. I'll be praying for you and for him, that the surgery will go well and he will start feeling better.

Audrey Sue's Mommy said...

Oh no! I hope he's recovering well. I will pray that everything works out!